What’s Included In An Air Conditioning Tune-Up?
Summer is fast approaching, which means homeowners everywhere will soon be blasting their air conditioning units. Scheduling regular maintenance can help prevent unexpected breakdowns and ensure that your unit performs properly all season long. Many homeowners neglect to schedule regular tune-ups because they don’t understand what’s included, and therefore don’t see any value. Learn more about what an air conditioning tune-up includes.
- Cleaning of the unit. A clean air conditioner will work to its full capacity. Spring is a great time to clean the interior and exterior of your air conditioning unit. Cleaning the condenser coils is especially important, as this helps increase the energy efficiency (saving you money on cooling costs) and helps reduce the wear and tear on your air conditioning unit.
- Inspection and testing of the unit. A major aspect of an air conditioning tune-up is making sure the machine actually does what it’s supposed to. This involves turning it on to ensure it produces cold air and pumps it throughout your home. When the system is up and running, our experts will examine the coolant levels, air filter status, and thermostat calibration, being mindful of any parts that aren’t in proper working condition. Here’s a full list of what’s checked during an air conditioning tune-up:
- Thermostat calibration
- Oil inspection
- Air filter inspection/replacement
- Blower components
- Air flow
- Electrical connections
- Installation & area around the unit (including clearances)
- Unit condition
- Safety controls
- Condensate drains
- Volts and amps
- Repairs (if necessary). When you schedule a tune-up, if any repairs need to be made, you’ll be provided with a quick and easy solution.
Schedule your air conditioning tune-up sooner rather than later so that you’re prepared for that first big heat wave. Contact Moyer Indoor | Outdoor to schedule your air conditioning tune-up today.