Be Better Informed to Conserve Energy & Save Money
These days, you can do just about anything using your smartphone. Apps on your iPhone or Android phone allow you to control your HVAC system to manage your heating and cooling energy use via a smart thermostat system, helping you save money from almost anywhere. Here are a few of the best apps to manage your home energy usage.
- Energy Consumption Analyzer: Add meters for gas, electricity and water and record your meter readings. The app will graph energy use, showing the rate of consumption per hour, day, week and month. Use color-coding as a reminder of situations where unusual amounts of energy were consumed.
- Energy Tracker: Easily manage and evaluate meter readings to record your consumption of electricity, water, gas and heat to avoid unnecessary energy expenses. Generate charts showing consumption trends and comparisons.
- Energy Cost Calculator: This app helps you view, track and manage your residential electricity use. Calculate the usage and cost of energy per day, week, month and year based on consumption per hour and hours of usage per day. Results can be shared to social media, via email and more.
Connect To Your Smart Thermostat With These Apps:
If you have a smart thermostat installed in your home, it’s likely that you can control the device remotely via an app. Here are a few popular selections recommended by the experts at here at Moyer:
- Honeywell Home: This app allows you to remotely monitor and manage your AC use. Your Wi-Fi connected device becomes your thermostat control center allowing you to view and change settings, check indoor/outdoor temperature, view thermostat alerts and more. Reports allow you to see when you use more energy and figure out how to use less.
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat: The interface of this app looks just like your thermostat screen at home for easy navigation. You can remotely adjust temperatures, schedule or update vacation events and more. Automatic energy reports show you how much energy you’ve used or conserved each month.
- NEST Thermostat: This app allows you to connect to your Nest thermostat remotely, as well as to smoke and carbon monoxide monitors. Adjust your settings from anywhere and receive notifications on-the-go. You can also view how much energy you use every day and view monthly data.
Using any of these thermostat control products can help you save energy and money, while adding a whole new level of convenience.
Let us help you decide which of the latest thermostat technology is right for you, so that you can take advantage of the convenience and energy savings in Bucks and Montgomery County. If you are ready to upgrade your home’s comfort control products, call 215.799.2019 today.