A Moyer tank inspection includes checking:
- Tank legs to see if they are unstable or on an uneven foundation.
- Rust, weeps, wet spots or excessive dents on the tank’s surface.
- Drips or signs of leakage around the oil filter or valves.
- Oil lines that run either under concrete or above ground without being encased in protective tubing.
- Threats of snow or ice falling on the oil tank or the filter.
- Signs of the tank’s vent being clogged or blocked by ice or snow.
- Signs of spills around the fill pipe.
- If the tank’s gauge is cracked, stuck or frozen.
- Oil or staining around the tank.
- Age of the tank.
- If the fill vent is copper or plastic.
If you aren’t certain whether your heating oil tank is a candidate for an inspection, start with this simple checklist which will help you evaluate your tank.
If you answered yes to any of the questions on our checklist, we suggest you give us a call. We’ll set up a FREE inspection. Put your mind at ease. Call 215.799.2003 to schedule your appointment.