We’re Local, Family Owned and have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Facing a termite infestation can feel like your worst nightmare come true.
Termites are relentless. Because they don’t need to sleep they have all the time in the world to eat through the wood in your home. They also eat anything containing cellulose – anything paper-based like books, clothing, cardboard, furniture – and even garden plants. A termite can lay as many as 40,000 eggs every day so if you suspect you have an issue, act quickly.
Get the peace of mind that comes with a visit from our experienced pest control technicians.
"I have not seen ONE ant!!"
“Best business ever! Tried EVERYTHING I could to get rid of ants!!! E V E R Y T H I N G !!! Called Moyer: Walt came out. Took his time; studied the ant invasion. It’s been 4 months; after being invaded by ants; I have not seen ONE ant!!”
Signs of Termites
Pennsylvania is home to the Eastern Subterranean termite, which has the most potential for damage. They make their homes underground in a network of tunnels, called “mud tubes,” and then make their way up into your home.
Left untreated, a termite infestation will lead to significant damage to your home or commercial property.
Be on the lookout for these signs of termites:
- Areas where there are leaks or moisture. Termites thrive in spaces where water is dripping (from hoses, condensation or leaky pipes).
- Check the exterior of your home for signs of mud tubes.
- Check the wood interior of your home. If you see any holes, tap on that area. If it sounds hollow or wood falls out, it’s likely due to termites.
- Buckling of wood paneling, laminate or tile flooring.
- Look for termite droppings, which look like small pellets. These are usually from drywood termites.
- Remnants of insect wings are another potential sign of termites. The “swarmers” are the termites that start the new colonies.
You may be tempted to attempt termite control on your own but they are so persistent that it is best to save your time and frustration by contacting a pest control company like us.
Termite Extermination the Moyer Way
Inspect & Evaluate
Our technicians will visit your property and carry out a thorough inspection to determine:
- Confirmation of termites
- The size of the infestation
- Recommended next steps
- The primary treatment for termites is a liquid control application.
- Bait stations will be used when necessary.
Ongoing monitoring is key no matter if you suspect you have termites or if your property has been treated for termites.
We recommend an annual inspection to stay ahead of any problems. It is the best way to prevent this pest from making your home its own.